Lakeside Hot Car and Boat Show - August 18-20, 2017
The Lakeside Car & Boat Show is a very special event with 100% of proceeds going to Operation Tango Mike, an organization that sends care packages to in-service military personnel. We have three days of fun planned on land and water.
Because this show represents the volunteer efforts of Dave Lakatos and Tony Barthel our resources are limited so only on-line registrations will be accepted. We anticipate selling out (we're close already) so register in advance already.
Friday, August 18
Enjoy a concert by the band Decades in Library Park followed by A Night of Fire where high-performance boats will fire up and shoot blue flames into the night sky. Bring your low-back lawn chair for the concert.
Saturday, August 19
Starting at 9am high-performance boats will make passes on Clear Lake leaving from the 3rd Street Boat Launch in Lakeport's Library Park.
Parking & Clubs
Meanwhile, cars will be parking along Main Street in Lakeport as well as Park Street. There will also be a high-value lot for specific vehicles. Vehicle parking will happen from the parking lot at 120 S Main Street. Enter through the parking lot's clock tower entrance and you will be directed from there.
Clubs can come in individual members with parking/waiting spaces available until all members show up. Then cars will be parked as a group. No holding spaces on the street.
In addition to nearby restaurants and bars we will have these wonderful vendors with food in Library Park:
- Shirley Cisneros - A Passion for Food - Philippine Specialties
- A Smoothie Sensation - Great smoothies and other treats
- Susie Q's Donuts - breakfast croissants and donuts, donuts, donuts!
- Early Lake Lions - locally-crafted beer
- Lake County Theatre Company - Lake County wines
There will also be locally-brewed beer sold by the Early Lake Lions Club and locally-produced wines by the Lake County Theatre Company.
We have some unique vendors with products from Lake County. Among those are:
- Deb Clark - Clark's Collectibles Lunchbox Museum - great collectible items
- William Lane - Konocti Bay Repurposed - wine barrel crafts
- Kathy Spurr - Face Painting
- Bryona Ashly - reknown pinup artist - she can take pictures with your car or boat and will have her calendars and other items available
Beginning at 11am The Fargo Brothers will perform from the gazebo at Library Park.
Since this show is all about those who serve our country please join us in a noon time salute to veterans with the national anthem along with the firing of the 50 caliber gun on Bob Bartley's WWII-era Jeep.
We have tons of great trophies again this year sponsored by local businesses for both cars and boats. Awards presentation will be approximately 3pm.