There are car shows, air shows, motorcycle shows, tractor shows, maker fairs, music festivals, food festivals, and living history festivals galore. Mix them all together in one venue on one day and you’ve got Half Moon Bay California’s remarkable, one and only Pacific Coast Dream Machines Show –– marking its 28th year in 2018 with a massive celebration of mechanical ingenuity, power and style.
It's quite simply the “Coolest Show on Earth”. This year’s spectacular 28th annual show will be held on Sunday, April 29, a one-day mega-show, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Half Moon Bay Airport, located in the picturesque seaside town of Half Moon Bay, CA about 20 miles south of San Francisco.
It's a whimsical, fascinating, amusing, curious and absolutely unique show and tell spectacle featuring 2,000 magnificent driving, flying and working machines from the 20th and 21st centuries. The world's coolest cars of every era and style, model-T fire engines, vintage busses, custom motorcycles, tricked out trucks, sleek streamliners, one-of-a-kind antique engines and tractors and historic military aircraft will be among the mesmerizing displays.
Headline attractions scheduled to appear include:
- The west coast's biggest, baddest gathering of the world's coolest cars, trucks, motorcycles and aircraft.
- Bob Senz’ Big Cacklefest – a mass synchronized firing-up of the engines (10am,12pm, 2pm).
- Spectacular skydiving performances from the C-47 Skytrain with military style jumps by the experts at Precision Skydiving.
- Three (3) 20-minute electrifying, high-flying 4-rider freestyle motocross stunt shows (11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm).
- Inspiring flyovers by some of our nation’s most storied military aircraft in memory of Eddie Andreini Sr., world-renown aerobatics pilot, founding Dream Machines contributor and pillar in the Half Moon Bay community.
- Magnificent military aircraft including B-25 Bomber, C-47 Skytrain, P-51 Mustangs, YAK Russian fighters and an impressive array of L-39, T-6 and T-28 military fighters and trainers.
- Super sleek speed machines and streamliners in “World Record Wonderland” including legendary builder Jack Costella’s Nebulous Theorem streamliners that have set more than 100 land speed records.
- A special display and parade of vintage police cars.
- An array of nostalgia dragsters to honor the former Half Moon Bay Drag Strip.
- “Mustang Madness”, a spectacular display of America’s Premier World War II Fighter.
- Ultra thrilling rides in helicopters and bi-planes and heart-pounding monster truck rides.
- Refurbished fly-wheel engines from the Early Days Gas Engine & Tractor Association and meticulously restored logging equipment and artifacts from Willits CA-based Roots of Motive Power.
- Thrilling zip-line, bungee jump, waterballerz, climbing wall, human hamster balls, remote-controlled NASCAR racing, and tons of awesome amusements in the Super Duper Kidz Funzone.
- Uniquely wild and crazy, side-by-side, single-wheel unimotorcycle drag racing.
- Fabulous food and drink with Half Moon Bay Brewing Company’s Classic Motor Head Ale plus Bloody Mary’s and Coastal Cosmos from Half Moon Bay Distillery and varietals from Barterra Winery.
- Stellar live music all day.
- Half Moon Bay Pilots Association Saturday Hangar Dinner at the Andreini Family Hangar (April 28, 5:30 pm) at Half Moon Bay Airport. Tickets are $30 per person, available at the door.
Among the special attractions this year are Bob Senz’ Big Cacklefest (to honor the show founder) – a mass synchronized firing-up of the engines of all the magnificent machines on display (10am,12pm, 2pm), spine-tingling vintage warbird flyovers (11am and 1pm), spectacular skydiving performances from the C-47 Skytrain with military style jumps by the experts at Precision Skydiving (11am), electrifying 4-rider freestyle motocross stunt shows (11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm), a special display of legendary builder Jack Costella’s Nebulous Theorem streamliners that have set more than 100 land speed records, side-by-side unimotorcycle drag racing, monster truck rides, helicopter and plane rides, plus refurbished fly-wheel engines from the Early Days Gas Engine & Tractor Association and meticulously restored logging equipment and artifacts from Willits CA-based Roots of Motive Power.
THE WORLD’S COOLEST CARS
It's one of the west coast's biggest, baddest gatherings of the world's coolest cars. Spectators will get a rare up-close look at antique horseless carriages and Ford Model T's, fanciful touring and luxury cars, powerful sports cars, custom cars and street rods, muscle cars, vintage and modern era high-performance race cars, quirky art and pedal cars, modified street machines with cutting edge styles, exotic high-performance cars, stylish European cars, ultra cool low-riders, sporty compacts, modified imports with flashy graphics, fashionable hip-hop urban show cars, homebuilt kit cars, super-charged turbo cars and trucks, “green” technology/alternative fuel vehicles, streamliners, dragsters, funny cars, gassers, and jet cars.
FANTASTIC FLYING MACHINES
Hundreds of aviation wonders are expected to be on display –– headlined by legendary vintage warbirds like the B-25 Bomber and C-47 Skytrain plus stylish homebuilts, classics from the ‘40s and ‘50s, sport and ultralight aircraft. Inspiring flyovers by some of our nation’s most storied military aircraft promise to be a fan favorite – all flown in memory of the late Eddie Andreini Sr., world-renown aerobatics pilot, founding Dream Machines contributor and pillar in the Half Moon Bay community. Plus there's P-51 “Mustang Madness” –– a spectacular display of America’s premier World War II fighter along with YAK Russian fighters and an impressive array of L-39, T-6 and T-28 military fighters and trainers. Thrilling rides will be offered in helicopters and vintage bi-planes.
DREAM MACHINE OF THE YEAR AWARD
The "DRIVE Magazine Dream Machine of the Year” returns with editors from Beckett Media’s DRIVE Magazine on hand to select a winner from the thousands of magnificent machines on display. A special trophy will be awarded at a recognition ceremony during the show (3pm at the music stage).
SUPER DUPER KIDZ FUNZONE
The attractions for youngsters are awesome and endless in the Super Duper Kidz Funzone: an ultra-thrilling zip line, Zorbs – the Human Hamster Ball race track, bungee jump, rock climbing wall, wild and wacky waterballerz, and a remote-controlled NASCAR race track.
FABULOUS FOOD AND DELICIOUS DRINK
There will be plenty of delectable food and delicious coastal-infused drink with custom cocktails and beer just for the show – Coastal Cosmos and Bloody Mary’s from Half Moon Bay Distillery and Classic Motorhead Ale from Half Moon Bay Brewing Company plus tasty varietals from Half Moon Bay’s Barterra Winery and signature craft cocktails from Longboard Margarita Bar.
SATURDAY HANGAR DINNER
The Half Moon Bay Pilots Association Saturday Hangar Dinner will be held on Saturday, April 28 at the Andreini family hangar at Half Moon Bay Airport. Preview some of the historic aircraft and custom cars that will be displayed at the Dream Machines Show and enjoy a festive barbecue tri-tip dinner party. Tickets are $30 per person, available at the door which open at 5:30 pm. Parking is on the airport field – enter off Capistrano Road.
Download the free Dream Machines mobile app developed by Half Moon Bay’s Phondini Partners. This fantastic app is designed to enhance the event experience for users by providing everything from a fact sheet with key details, information on special attractions, a detailed site map keyed to specific attractions, event and entertainment schedule, door-to-door directions, push messaging alerts, social media integration, and visitor information via a full-function version of Phondini's iCoastside app. The app, scheduled to be available in mid April, is available for the Apple and Android markets.